Friday, February 22, 2013

Creatures n. 2

All of these creatures, except for the little girl's head, legs and one arm, simply appeared in the layered paint background. I just pulled them out of the shadows (probably the shadows of my brain!).
Tutti questi esserini, con l'eccezione della testa, le gambe e un braccio della bambina, sono apparsi nello sfondo fatto con strati di pittura acrilica. Io li ho semplicemente fatti uscire dalle ombre (probabilmente le ombre del mio cervello!).

The entire 2 page journal spread. Le due pagine del quaderno su cui ho dipinto.
Close-ups. Primi piani.
I've done this a bit before, that is, looking for images in the paint, but only in the last few days have I done it a lot, and I think it is having an effect on my brain. Now I'm seeing things everywhere: tree trunks, rocks, food. For example, see those rocks down there, that I spotted this morning when I opened the curtains? I see the head of a large dog on the right, giving a speech to several animals who are lying down facing him. There's even a little cat to his right, just below the larger rock, which could be a crocodile. Time for therapy perhaps?
L'ho gia` fatto un poco in passato e, cioe`, di cercare immagini nella pittura, ma e` solo negli ultimi giorni che lo sto facendo di piu` e credo che abbia avuto un effetto sul mio cervello. Adesso vedo immagini ovunque: nei tronchi degli alberi, nelle pietre, nel cibo. Per esempio, guardate quelle pietre che ho visto questa mattina quando ho aperto le tende. A destra vedo la testa di un un grosso cane e mi pare che stia facendo un discorso a vari animali che gli stanno stradiati di fronte. Alla sua destra c'e anche un gattino, sotto una pietra piu` grande, che potrebbe essere un coccodrillo. Ora di ricoverarmi?

2 comments:

sperlygirl said...

they are beautiful, like sweet animal spirits that are watching out/over you from deep within the woods.

anna maria said...

Thank you, Sperlygirl, that's how I feel it too!