Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Sunday outing - Giretto domenicale

I usually do nothing on Sunday, at least nothing that involves leaving the premises, but today was different. My friends and neighbors, Klaus and Alex, who are originally from Germany, but currently live here, took me with them to one of their favorite places: the antiques market in Martina Franca.
In genere faccio quasi nulla di domenica, almeno nulla che richieda che mi allontani da casa, ma oggi e` stato diverso. I miei amici e vicini di casa, Klaus e Alex, che vengono dalla Germania ma che attualmente vivono qui, mi hanno portata in uno dei loro luoghi preferiti: il mercatino dell'antiquariato a Martina Franca. 

Klaus and Alex with a friend of theirs - Klaus e Alex con un loro amico.
Here I'm with another friend of theirs whom I had just met. Just so you don't think I hang out only with dogs, trees and trulli!
Qui sono con un altro loro amico che avevo appena conosciuto. Cosi` non pensate che frequento solo cani, alberi e trulli!
What's Buffalo Bill doing on the streets of Martina Franca? Please notice the little dog running alongside him.
Che ci fa Buffalo Bill sulle strade di Martina Franca? Vi prego di notare il cagnolino che gli corre accanto
Of course there had to be a cappuccino break. I think she looks like me.
Naturalmente non e` potuta mancare la pausa cappuccino. A me sembra che mi assomigli.
Our excursion ended with a tasty and long lunch at the Trattoria delle Ruote, on a country road on the outskirts of Martina Franca.
La passeggiata si e` conclusa con un gustoso e lungo pranzetto nella Trattoria delle Ruote, in una strada di campagna vicino a Martina Franca. 

1 comment:

Janis said...

THAT'S the way to spend a Sunday! Though spending days on end at home with the animals is wonderful to me too (sounds familiar ;^)

Fun tour of the market... thanks Anna Maria!