Sunday, March 18, 2012

Two finished paintings - Due dipinti finiti

I finally finished the piece I started on March 9th, which I showed in my last post, and in the meanwhile painted another image. Here is the first one.
Ho finalmente completato il pezzo che avevo iniziato il 9 marzo e che ho mostrato nel mio precedente post, e nel frattempo ne ho fatto un altro. Ecco il primo. 
The other one is below. I purposely tried to give her less regular, less "cute" features. I noticed a funny thing when I compared the photo of the initial drawing to the finished image and, that is, that I had drawn her so that she was looking toward my right, but she ended up looking straight ahead. I guess I lost track of what I was aiming for.
Ed ecco la seconda immagine. Le ho dato di proposito dei lineamenti meno regolari, meno "carini". Ho notato una cosa curiosa quando ho paragonato la foto del disegno iniziale all'immagine finale e, cioe`, che l'avevo disegnata di modo che guardasse verso la mia destra, ma quando l'ho finita mi sono accorta che guardava in avanti. Si vede che strada facendo ho perso di vista il mio intento iniziale.
For some reason I almost always prefer my pencil drawings to the final painted piece; perhaps it's because the drawing has a fresher, more spontaneous quality. 
Non so perche` ma quasi sempre preferisco i miei disegni a matita prima dell'aggiunta del colore. Forse la ragione e` che il disegno ha una qualita` piu` spontanea e immediata. 

1 comment:

Janis said...

Anna Maria - I love that you're painting and drawing. Nourishing, deep, clear...wonderful exploration... X