Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dog update - Aggiornamento cani

Remember Wolfie? Ricordate Wolfie?
I thought he was a he, but I'm afraid he is a she, and pregnant too. Pensavo fosse un lui, ma temo che sia un lei e anche incinta. 
Then there's the other female, who is always either pregnant or lactating. Poi c'e` l'altra femmina, che e` sempre o incinta o allatta. 
I think she has found herself a shelter, where she has had or will have puppies. I've avoided going near it to investigate because I do not want to panic her. Credo che si sia trovata un rifugio, dove ha o avra` i suoi cuccioli. Evito di avvicinarmici per non stressarla. 
Theres's also the chunky pup I call "Pecorone" (big sheep). He has always been a bit heavier than the others partly because of his thick fur, but suddenly I'm worried it's not just the fur.......I so, so hope I'm wrong. C'e` anche il cucciolone che chiamo Pecorone. E` sempre stato un poco piu` grande degli altri a causa del folto pelo, ma adesso ho improvvisamente paura che non sia solo il pelo......spero tanto di sbagliarmi.
The "pups" will now come within 10 feet of me, but the adults still keep a much safer distance. I guess they will never overcome their distrust of humans, and I can't blame them. I "cuccioli" adesso si avvicinano fino a 3 metri, ma gli adulti mantengono sempre una sicura distanza. Credo che non supereranno mai la loro diffidenza verso gli esseri umani e non posso dare loro torto.

No comments: