Thursday, December 16, 2010

ELAIO - Festa dell'olio nuovo, parte prima- The New Olive Oil Festival, Part One

This will be in installments, because my internet connection will not allow me to upload more than one small video, if I'm lucky. It is the Festival of the New Oil, which was held in the town castle last night. Olive oil, wine, fresh mozzarella and an infinity of delicious sweets. And the kind of music that makes me want to jump around.
Sara` a puntate perche` il mio collegamento via chiavetta non mi permette di caricare piu` ci un breve video alla volta, se pure.....Si tratta del Festival dell'Olio Nuovo, tenutosi ieri sera nel castello ducale. Olio di oliva, vino, mozzarella fresca e un'infinita` di dolci deliziosi. E il genere di musica che mi fa venire voglia di saltare.
It's a bit strange, but whenever I enter an castle in southern Italy, I feel like I have come home.  I don't know if in a past life I was a duchess or a ourtesan or a maid, but it is as if this is where I should have always been. E` strano, ma ogni volta che entro in in castello dell'Italia meridionale, mi sento come se fossi arrivata a casa. Non so se in una vita passata ero una duchessa o una cortigiana o una sguattera, ma mi sento come se fosse il mio luogo di sempre. 
I finally got to try "pettole" - like donut holes, but nothing like donut holes - infinitely better! I ate a plate full, dusted with sugar, and I hope to eat many more in the coming days. 
Finalmente ho potuto assaggiare le famose "pettole". Erano deliziose. Ne ho mangiato un piattino pieno e spero di mangiarne ancora tante nei prossimi giorni!
And now, a video of the Apulia Ensemble performing, with a guest. Will it let me load it?
E adesso un video dell'Apulia Ensemble, con un'ospite. Me lo fara` caricare? Questa e` la domanda.
Nothing! it uses up 90% of my allotted MB and then it stops and does nothing. Even worse than it used to be. I can't wait for the new system. 
Niente! consuma il 90% dei miei MB e si ferma. Anche peggio di come era prima. Non vedo l'ora di usare un sistema nuovo.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Whenever I read one of your posts, I so wish I could be there with you!

anna maria said...

Wish you could be here too, because I spend a lot of time conversing with myself....and I only write about the interesting stuff, not about usually being in the apartment by 6 every night, because it's dark and because there is nothing to do in town.
Summers are different. People hang out in the squares and around town much later. Besides, the temps have been between 3 and 0 Centigrade, the past few days!