Saturday, August 15, 2009

How much can I fit into a Saturday?


Before anything else, I took Eden to Golden Gate Park for our Saturday morning walk.
When I got back home I made myself a delicious breakfast of pancakes with blueberries and walnuts on top, then I decided to work on a mixed media painting I started in one of Suzi Blu's workshops, but not wanting to miss the chance to enjoy some sun since I spend most of the rest of the week indoors, I took my redhead into the garden and sketched a wolf in the background.

I somehow found myself watering and cleaning up around the garden, when I suddenly remembered that it was Saturday, the only day during which I could set up a spray painting station in the backyard and add stencils to the painted backgrounds I had made for Mary Ann Moss' Stitched and Stenciled workshop.

When you find yourself thinking the stencils look cooler than what you're working on, that's when you realize you've been wearing your mask around your neck instead of on your face. I won't be doing that again!


My favorite ended up being the one I "messed up", when the black paint sprayed sideways and went where it was not supposed to go, so I tried to cover the black with red, then stenciled on top of that.

As if I hadn't done enough damage to my body, I had a glass of wine with my neighbor while we sat in the sun and discussed plants and life.

OK, it's almost 4 p.m. and I've still got more painting to do, a podcast to listen to and some reading to fit in.


4 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Evidently you can fit more than a full day in to a Saturday! Sounds very full.

Christine said...

What a lovely way to spend a Saturday!

Judy Wise said...

Thank you for the heads up on my links; I've fixed them now and WAY TO GO on the stencils. I'm new here but going to snoop all around now. :-D

Pam said...

It sounds like such a nice day - and how fun to end it with a glass of wine - while discussing 'plants and life'!

Your stencil work is so fun - I really like what your doing. I have a big rubbermaid container filled with all of my art supplies, and you are motivating me to get them out and start playing a bit.